Monday, February 22, 2010

Radiography



Earlier this quarter we had a day scheduled in the Dental Hygiene Clinic to get introduced to taking digital X-rays. Well it turned out that I was sick that day and I missed out. The other dental students had a good time, so I was feeling a little left out.

Well, I got to make up the session today. It was really interesting and exciting to learn how to use the X-ray machines and how to interpret the X-rays. Because I missed our previous session, my make up session was a one-on-one session with one of the hygiene professors. It was nice because I got to ask all sorts of questions. She was super nice and helpful. We took a set of full mouth digital X-rays and a Panoramic digital X-ray.

It is these experiences in clinic that help me remember the excitement I have for dentistry. I can't wait to get into clinic. It also got me a little more excited for my RUOP (rotation in a public health clinic). I was realizing today that even though I can't practice any "real" dentistry in my RUOP, there is still a lot I can learn.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for practical lessons! It is always refreshing to get a glimpse of what you'll actually be doing on a day to day basis. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter