Sunday, April 25, 2010

Doctor and Dentist Day

About a month ago it was Doctor and Dentist Day at Dylan's Preschool. I volunteered to come in and talk to the kids. It was a lot of fun. We talked about the difference between our anterior and posterior teeth and then separated my model teeth into the two different groups. After that, I let the kids "clean" my dentiform (my model mouth) with my waxing instruments. The kids really liked scraping the instruments across the roof of the mouth - lets be glad they are not our hygienists. The kids also took turns listening to my heartbeat with the stethoscope. I think they enjoyed it about as much as 4-yr-olds are capable of enjoying teeth.

Dylan REALLY wanted me to show the kids how I "cut" the teeth! He was referring to the night I was using my Hacksaw to cut my models up into dies - I think it kinda freaked him out.









Also - Intro to Clinical Medicine is over! Hallelujah!

We did our final physical exams on Wednesday and It feels great to have this class over. I learned a lot in ICM, but that class added so much stress to my school year, just by the fact of it being every single Wednesday for nearly 3 hours - both semesters. The sad thing about ICM is that it is a Pass/Fail course and almost all our other classes were graded. This is sad because I think ICM offered more practical and applicable teachings than a lot of our basic science classes. I would get so stressed out about my graded classes that ICM just seemed to be in the way - but I think I will hold onto my lessons learned in ICM a lot longer than I will the membrane potential of a cell or what microbe causes Valley Fever. None the less - I'm so happy I have Wednesdays off for the next 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're almost finished with your first year! Can you believe it?

    Dr. and Dentist day looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter