Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Purpose

As I was applying for dental schools, interviewing with dental schools, and then waiting for school to start, I always had an anxiety of the unknown... I still do. I wished somebody before me had written out every little detail of what dental school was like. I had tons of question: How hard is it going to be? Am I going to like the classes? Am I going to be stressed out every week of the entire year, or will there be time to enjoy myself? I couldn't really find the answers, and trust me I looked. As school approached we were assigned a Big Sibling in the program. That helped because I could ask him all sorts of questions, but this was after the fact for him. He had already gone through it, so looking back on his first year his opinions and answers could have been tainted.

My goal is to create a real time update every week of everything - what we are covering, how much anxiety I'm feeling, what I'm loving and what I'm hating.

I hope prospective R.I.D.E students and all other dental students will be able to get a much better idea of what the R.I.D.E program is all about, as well as the first year of dental school.

Here is to a good first year.... I think it will be a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter