Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Poll Results

For those of you who did not see the results of the Poll, here they are:

87% think it is worth it to try and keep the specialization door open.
23% said No, life is to short.

As you all know, I have been giving this question a lot of thought. The week before thanksgiving was crazy and I was WAY to stressed. I was having a hard time sleeping on a night before one of our last tests of that week. Thoughts of specialization were racing through my head, numbers were being crunched in order to compute my GPA, and sleep was far from attainable. But it gave way to this thought, "After 4 years of this (dental school), I'm not going to want to move somewhere like OH, PA, NY, Fl, IA, NE, ect..., and do another 2 to 4 years of school/residency." I woke my wife up from her stress-less sleep to tell her my profound thoughts (she wasn't amused).

So from here on out, I will continue to strive to do well in my school work, but I will strive even harder to not lose sleep/fun/exercise over anxiety about my grades. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. :) You can wake me up at odd hours of the night anytime you reach an epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. When it's all over I can imagine you'll look back with fond memories, regardless of how it turns out. Seems like everything that causes so much growth opportunity (in form of stress, knowledge gained, lessons learned, etc.) yields positive outcomes that we wouldn't been able to attain without going through those sleepless nights... and often times looking back, we wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited to see where you end up.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter